Sunday, January 20, 2008

Soundtrack to life?

Have you ever thought about if you were to have a soundtrack to you life, what would be on it? Would would be played? What type of songs would be played most of the time? I guess I thought about that today. That is probably silly, but that was just one of those random thoughts that came across my mind today.
Today I drove down to Houston to spend some time with my parents before I actually start working. (No, I haven't started work yet, I will be soon, in about a week.) While I was riding down, I was just thinking, praying, and trying to listen. So many thoughts are running through my head at this point in time. Sometimes, I would like to just tell my mind to stop running. I wish that I would stop worrying. My problem is I would like to know my plan for the next year (at least), and I am a point where I can't exactly plan right now. I do not know where I am going to get a job, I still have to take my test, I don't know where I am going to live.... all this begins to get to me and I try to formulate some kind of plan to make myself feel better. Its like I don't know what to do with myself, now that I am not in school.... and I know I really only have to wait for 2 or 3 months for answers, but it just seems forever away ya know. Maybe you are thinking I am silly.... and I know, I am, but this is the honest truth... I am scared. Scared about the future. And at this point, I feel like I have given everything that I over to the Lord, and this is where I just have to wait on Him. And I am really trying to do this... I just don't know why trusting is so hard sometimes.
I have been broken down in so many ways this week. It has been somewhat exhausting, but refreshing at the same time. I have just come to a point where my hands are open.... completely open. I am afraid that it may not look like that others outside of me... but, really, I feel like my hands are completely open, and I know the Lord knows my needs, and will sustain me, as well as bring me a peace in the things he wants me to pursue and do.
I am just so heavy-hearted tonight. But, the Lord is good.

Beautiful- Bethany Dillon
i was unique, now I feel skin deep.
i count on the makeup to cover it all.
crying myself to sleep because I cannot keep their attention
thought I could be strong but its killing me
someone hear my cry, I'm dying for life

i want to beautiful.
make you stand in awe.
look inside my heart, and be amazed
i want to hear you say, who I am is quite enough
just want to be worthy of love and beautiful

sometimes i wish i was someone other than me
fighting to make the mirror happy
trying to find whatever is missing
won't you help me back to glory

i want to beautiful
make you stand in awe.
look inside my heart.
and be amazed
i want to hear you say, who I am is quite enough
I just want to be worthy of love, you make me beautiful
you make me stand in awe
you step inside my heart and I am amazed.
i love to hear you say, who I am is quite enough.
and you make me worthy of love and beautiful.
you make worthy of love and beautiful.

And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day.
2 Corinthians 4:16

No comments: