Sunday, January 13, 2008

oh, the fun moments in life...

There are moments in all of our lives, when in some way, you know exactly what is about to happen. one may call it intuition, others just a that inert sense one has of things that are destined to be... the thing is, I am not in one of those moments. I have had several of these moments throughout my life, and I do not really know how to explain them, but, in one way or another, I just knew what was going to happen. Right now is a time in my life in which I do not have any clue as to what is to happen next. Yes, I have some sort of an idea of what I could possibly see happening, but I have no idea what is really to come, or honestly, exactly what I want. If the Lord has taught me anything this year, and trust me, he has certainly taught me many things this year, it is that it does not really matter what I want. It really doesn't matter... because we are here to glorify Him.. not ourselves. So any plan that I choose to decide upon, is probably not going to happen. ha. I say this now with joy and a bit of laughter because a year ago I did not quite grasp that. But.. the Lord has brought me farther than I could have ever imagined, and I can only hope he continues to shape and mold me. Although these have been some hard times, they have been sweet times, and I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. :)

I have started a Step Study at church, which is a bible study that goes through a biblical approach to the twelve step program. It is for anything and everything that you can imagine... from people who struggle with trust issues to drug problems. It covers everything you can imagine, and is I am sure, going to be a very great thing for me to go through. I am only starting week 2 and already learning so many amazing things!! Our God is soo gracious and loving and so incredibly smart. I mean, have you ever thought about this!?!? I know this may seem like a thing that is ridiculous for me to even talk about because it is so obvious... but I am in awe of how brilliant our Lord is. I mean, look at the Earth, look all over at creation. What he has made from NOTHING... the intellect that had to take. Its baffling to me.. but just sooo cool. One of those things I cannot even wrap my mind around. I am just in awe of our God!!

I will leave you with a quote that I that was Oh so funny from the movie 27 dresses. This was after the woman in the film (Katherine heigl) found out that her favorite writer was really not sincere about anything he wrote.
"I feel like I just found out that my favorite love song was written about a sandwich."

Okay, okay.. maybe it is not funny to you... but I think it is HILARIOUS!!

Goodnight y'all, love you all oh soo much!!

No comments: