Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Goodness Gracious...

one thing that I ask myself, quite constantly, is why do I not realize how Good the Lord is ALL THE TIME? There is so much reflection going on at this time of the year... ratings, if you will, on how wonderful, or bad, or mediocre the year was. The sad thing is, if I am being truthful, is what I have thought of the past year. I have kept my mouth shut while others are reflecting.. but, regardless, whether I choose to keep my mouth shut or not, the Lord knows my heart, and how I feel.
The sad thing is, in the sense of my not really being truely reflective, is that the Lord has been beyond gracious to me in this past year... not only gracious, but has showed me, and given me FAR MORE than what I deserve. I have asked for things, things that I would like Him to show me, so that I may have more trust in what He had already told me to do, or had shown me He was doing, only for Him to do these things and go over and beyond more than I could ever imagine. So my question is... when am I going to learn? When I am really going to see that Christ IS truthful, worthy to be trusted and is fully capable of making whatever HIS will is happen. I am not in control, and do not need to be, or honestly really want to be when I look at all of this.
The Lord is teaching me so much... I don't know what else to say other than, if I have given any of you a negative impression of how this last year was, I am sorry. No, not all the times were the happiest.. but this year was full of growth, and the Lord has shown me more in this past year, than I could have ever imagined or fathomed.
Thank you Sweet Jesus!!

No comments: