Saturday, November 10, 2007

Taking a Break...

I am taking a break from the Shakespeare paper that I have procrastinated on, and am now reaping the consequences of this by writing it on a Saturday night! :) ha ha, oh well, I have actually been kind of getting into it. Call me me crazy, but I kind of like to write papers. I think they are fun once you get started and organize everything... it is just the getting started and organizing part that is painful to me. Once you get in the groove, it is usually not that bad! Guys.. I have procrastinated so much this semester. Maybe it is my senior-itis that has kicked in, or even more honestly it may just be laziness. Either way, I am going to need to start steppin it up in the next couple of weeks and finish out strong.
Enough of Serious talk.. I was going to try to post some pictures on here, but the DBU internet, once again, is not exactly cooperating with me :) So, this WILL be a frivolous post... but, I am okay with that.. hope you are too!!
I am excited for the Holiday Season to be here. I have been a little afraid with everything that has happened, or was supposed to be happening over the Christmas Holidays that I might be a little sad, but surprisingly it seems like I am going to be okay!! :) (That is Jesus folks!) Anyways, today I went to Starbucks, and can I just say it is WONDERFUL!! Starbucks is all Christmased out!! It was sooo fun... I love all the cute little mugs, and the little Christmas Trees made of gift certificate cards... so creative! Way to go friends at Starbucks!! I have actually been listening to Christmas music while I have been writing my paper tonight. Christmas music just makes me so happyyyyy!! :) Especially the old stuff, and the corny stuff!! (ie.. the songs like All I want for Christmas are my two front teeth, or stuff by Billie Holiday and Ole Bing) It makes me excited to go home and put up all the Christmas Decorations and make Merry Maker Cookies!! (ONLY THE MOST SCRUMPTIOUS COOKIES EVER MADE!)

I have been on a John Legend listening spree as well... I LOVE his voice!! He is ohh so talented, and I just found out he has a Christmas Album, and I will need to purchase this very soon! I just love Christmas guys! I even went out and purchased some Christmas smelling air fresheners for Skittle! (Skittle is my lime-green bug if you do not know!) I know... I am a little overboard, but if you don't get excited about the season I just don't think its right!! The real reason for the season is Jesus, and I know this don't worry, I just really like the comerical part of it as well!! I can't wait till they light up the tree in New York, I won't be there, but I will have a front row seat (on my couch) and watch the big lighting!! Yeah!

I have missed my Grey's anatomy for the past 5 weeks, and since I do not have TIVO I believe that I am going to have to set aside some time and watch it on the ole Internet!! I do not know if you watch that show, it is a bit inappropriate if we are being honest, but I am a bit obsessed with it. Almost as obsessed with it as I used to be with Friends. Anyways, one of my best friends, Courtney caught me up and it seems pretty steamy and dramatic this season!! Goodness Gracious, can't wait to get caught up!

The other day at my bagel shop I ran into one of the boys that I interned for at the Church on Rush Creek!! It was so fun to see him! He is a senior this year and he was telling me all about his college friends, and how he doesn't have a girlfriend because its senior year, and he just couldn't imagine doing that his senior year! ha! It was just so fun to see him, and see how he has matured, and just matured in the Lord!! It was true blessing. I love running into the kids that I interned for and just seeing how much they have matured, ect. The Lord has really been showing me how much my heart really loves ministry and just being involved like that. I think one of the things that I am most excited about with graduation is that maybe I can become even more involved with the church! I know just because I am graduating does not mean I am going to have tons of extra time on my hands... but I really do think I will have more of a regular schedule which will be nice! I just am excited to see what the Lord is going to have me do in the future!

Okay, well this has been quite a frivolous post, but thanks for reading to the end if you did!! ha ha!! Back to writing my paper!! UGGGHHH!! Love you guys oh sooooooooo much!! :)

One last thought... this was in my QT today and I just thought it was amazing!
Remember the very time for faith to work is when our sight begins to fail. And the greater our difficulties, the easier it is for our faith to work, for as long as we can see certain natural solutions to our problems, we will not have. Faith never works as easily as when our natural prospect fail.
George Mueller

I have also been wanting to post this amazing poem by Harriet Beecher Stowe:
Still, still with you, when purple morning breaks
When the birds awake, and the shadows flee;
Fairer than morning, lovlier than daylight,
Dawns the sweet consciousness, I am with Thee.

Alone with You, amid the misty shadows,
The solemn hush of nature newly born;
Alone with you in breathless adoration,
In the calm dew and freshness of the morn.

In a sunrise o'er a wavless ocean,
The image of the star does rest,
So, in this stillness, You discerning only
Your image in the waters of my breast.

When sinks the soul, subdued by toil, to slumber,
Its closing eyes look up to You in prayer;
Sweet the repose, beneath your wings o'ershadowing,
But sweeter still to wake and find You there.
Harriet Beecher Stowe

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey Ashley! Just wanted to say hi and say that i am so proud of you! i have been keeping up with your blogs, but not commenting. (sometimes, I forget!!) i hope that your last semester goes well..and yes you are a little crazy for loving to write papers!