Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Consider me Encouraged...

Sooooo... God never ceases to amaze me. As soon as I ask for help, HE gives it. Go figure.

Today, I went to my favorite bagel shop and got a bagel and an Irish Creme Latte (I know Mimi...) and went and just did my devotional there! And what do ya know... I feel like everything I have been questioning and such has been answered through verses and just what my devotional "Streams in the Desert" said. So I am pretty much just going to share what it said, and share with you the verses!! GOD IS SOOO GOOOD!

Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run the race marked out for us.
Hebrews 12:1
What Streams in the Desert Said:
"There are certain things that are not sins themselves but that tend to wiegh us down or become distractions and stumbling blocks to our Christian growth. One of the worse of these is the feeling of DESPAIR or HOPELESSNESS. A heavy heart is indeed a weight that will surely drag us down in our holiness and usefulness.
We should never give ourselves the freedom to DOUBT God or His eternal love and faithfullness toward us in everything. We can be determined to set our own will against doubt just as we do against any other sin. THEN AS WE STAND FIRM, REFUSING TO DOUBT, THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL COME TO OUR AID, GIVING US THE FAITH OF GOD AND CROWING US WITH VICTORY.
IT IS VERY EASY TO FALL INTO THE HABIT OF DOUBTING, WORRYING, WONDERING IF GOD HAS FORSAKEN US, AND THIKING THAT AFTER ALL WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH, OUR HOPES ARE GOING TO END IN FAILURE. But let us refuse to be discouraged and unhappy!
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks in wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.
James 1:2-6
The Devil has two very masterful tricks. The first is to tempt us to become discouraged, for them we are defeated and of no service to others, at least for awhile. The other is to tempt us to doubt, therby breaking the bond of faith that unites us with the Faher.

Then it went on to talk about how important it is to cultivate a spirit of happiness! "Sadness discolors everyutyhing around me and produces a mental paraylsis. Nothing has any appeal to me, future prospects seem clouded in darkness, and my soul loses all its aspriations and power!"

Ummm..... this is what I needed to hear. God never ceases to amaze me, and fill me in on what I need to know and believe so that I can have that perfect peace from Him!!
Love you guys.. thanks for prayin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful thing to see your heart yearning to better resemble Jesus! I think the thing to remember in whatever your hurt is, whatever the healing you need, is that things don't often change overnight. Not that God can't heal and lead to forgiveness overnight, but He often does not choose to act in that way. For most of us, myself included, it is a process. Send me your email address, there is more that I long to say to you about this, simply because it is my current experience as well. d_cari@yahoo.com. Love you! Praying for you!