Friday, February 29, 2008

Teenagers... I AM GLAD I AM NOT ONE!!

So this week I embarked upon my new substituting job. woooo hoooo, or so my attitude has been about starting this job. however, stepping into the highschool, although fun because i get to play teacher, is also like stepping into the abyss if you are not ready. my gosh, these kids will eat you alive if you are not prepared, or even look the least bit scared. CAN I JUST SAY that I am not 14!! Everyone thinks I look like I am their age... so add that to the list, and you got to be on your toes!!
Thursday was a good day. I had an elective class the first block, and then the rest of the day I had freshman. Not a big deal, they were relatively well-behaved, and were nice. I really enjoyed subbing, and even got to teach a little! SO to myself I am thinking, "Self, those teachers didn't know what they are talking about, subbing is going to be easy! It won't be that bad!!"
And then it happened.
I SPOKE TOO SOON.
figures. so today, i mean, really first block, not bad at all. then off period... totally loving that. then comes in 3rd block. some young girls with a little attitude, boys whispering completly innappropriate stuff about me because i am young... okay, to be expected at first.... then it happened after The Holocaust movie. ATTITUDE was wearing a Hollister Shirt and Abercrombie jeans. Now.... i am all for the girls who choose to do things in school (cheerleading, soccer, volleyball, stu-co, ect.) BUT the minute you use that so-called "popularity power" over somebody, I SNAP. So this young little thing decides she is going to start talking about how all these girls did this BEYOND AWFUL thing to this other girl, and how she loved doing it and would "so do it again" if she had the chance. Then started in about how ugly she was in appearance, ect. Now, she was saying this loud enough for me to hear at my desk, as well as talking about this when others were doing work and she conviently could not work on her hw assignment because she wanted to do it at home. So... I called her out. Thus, she got embarassed. Thus, she had an attitude about EVERYTHING i said for the rest of the day. Can i just say... I DONT CARE, DONT TALK ABOUT PEOPLE and how you want to ruin their lives and how ugly they are if you do not want to be called about. okay, thanks.
thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn the next class comes. they were just loud, and i was in a bad mood from the last class. ya gotta love the kids though, because it is Friday, and they just want to go home. I guess I can put myself in their shoes... but GEEZ.

okay, I guess I am done venting... for now ;) CAN'T WAIT TO ACTUALLY BE A REAL TEACHER with my OWN CLASSROOM!

love you all!

1 comment:

rob. said...

i love your rant.
i'll be honest.. i didn't read it all... figured i got a good dose last night. ;) but i could totally hear your tone in it!
and thanks so much for lending me your g-rents for a morning! they are wonderful.
love you!