Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ko-Joe




Our puppy died today. Last night he evidently started throwing up constantly, and my mom took him to the vet the next morning. Come to find out, he was very sick, and we had to put him down. I know some people might find this dumb... to love a puppy so much. My family kind of makes our dogs part of our family. My mom calls them our "brothers", I mean, we don't put them above the needs of the humans in our family, but we do consider them very, very important. Ko-Joe has gone through three name changes since we got him, and he was sort of special to me bc we got him when I was making some major decisions. Most of all, I am worried about my mom. She is taking it hard. She was the one who mainly took care of him, and he lived with them, so if you could just pray for her, that would be awesome. It is not her fault at all that he died, he has been a sick puppy regardless of how close we watched him, or what meds we gave him, but I fear she blames herself. So, please, please pray for her. Her name is Sheri, and she is the best mom EVER.


I am going to post some pics of Ko-Joe. He was so sweet, yet so spunky. He would lick ya at first, and then he would want to bite. He still had baby teeth to lose. He would run so fast we would have to all swarm around the den in order to catch him. He had a high-pitched bark that was annoying, yet endearing at times. He sat like a person. No joke. He didn't really like cameras, I think it was the flash, so we never really captured the sitting like a human, but he did. Most of all, he made all of us smile. We loved him.


4 comments:

rob. said...

aww.. what a cute puppy! i'm so sorry, sweetie.

i love you very much and i am very excited to see you tonight!! :)

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry love - I definitely know what it is like to have your pups as part of the family...Dax is my child. I actually have a few friends at work that think i am crazy for calling myself Dax's mom, and Brant Dax's dad, but it is so true for us.

i will definitely be praying for your mom and your family - I know this is a rough time.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry love - I definitely know what it is like to have your pups as part of the family...Dax is my child. I actually have a few friends at work that think i am crazy for calling myself Dax's mom, and Brant Dax's dad, but it is so true for us.

i will definitely be praying for your mom and your family - I know this is a rough time.

Lauren Williams said...

aw! he was a cute one!!!