Thursday, February 7, 2008

I am FLaKY sometimes...

do you ever remember the episode of friends, when Phoebe is commenting on all the charactersitics of her "friends". She calls Rachel flaky, and Monica obsessive, and so on and so forth. I am the "flaky" friend sometimes. I hate talking on the phone sometimes, but yet, I complain when I haven't spoken to someone in a while. Its sort of ridiculous, and I am now taking full responsibility for it. The good/funny thing is that I think that my closest friends realize this about me, and still find it in their hearts to love me, call me out when needed, and love me through all of my "flakiness". One thing I have noticed about my little flaky self is that I am a TON more flaky when there are a million things going on in my head. My mind goes back and forth from wanting to be with people, to wanting to shut myself up in my room never to have human contact again. (okay, maybe that is a little dramatic.. but you get the jest)

Today is one of my flaky days. I don't really know what I want, but I know what I SHOULD have been doing today. I should have been in the word, and really digging in deep into what the Lord wants to speak to me, but instead, I have chosen to be lazy and lay on the couch. I don't have any more interviews this week, and so I have decided that today should be my "lazy" day, when, lets just face it, almost everyday is my lazy day at the moment......
One thing I do really look forward to is Thursdays. I am involved in the Recovery Ministry at the church, and it is just an amazing time of worship, teaching, confession and support. I even look forward to the drive. I get my alone, Let's worship Jesus time, or my lets blast the music and think time. Its nice either way :)

A little update, and then I must go because I am meeting someone for dinner. This week has been awesome, as in the fact that I have two interviews next week!! Hootie Hootie Hoo!! :) I have one interview at MacArthur High School on Monday at 11am, and then an interview for a long term sub position at a Charter School that is located in Dallas. The long-term sub position would be for the rest of this year, and the HS position I am interviewing for is for the following school year!! So, if you could keep me in your prayers next week, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Well I must go now. Thanks for listening to my ramblings, The Lord is so good to us, and I am so thankful for that!! Love you all!! :)

No comments: