Friday, February 15, 2008

Random Thoughts

I am currently at home (aka Spring, Texas) and I am sitting on the couch, with the new puppy at the end of it sleeping, and also waking every few minutes because of how hard it is raining and thundering outside. The new puppy does not belong to me... no, its my mom's and dad's and it is oh, so cute. I still miss Ku-joe though. :) The rain is soo calming, I wish I had a book with me, and that way I could just settle one in and read. Oh well though, lets just be honest... i'd like to be lazy and watch t.v., but the dish is out due to the HUGE storm we are having outside.

anywhoooooo... earlier I was in a major "write on my blog" mood, but then the mood passed, and also was not around the computer, thus, you are about to get to read a list of my random thoughts just for the sake of posting! ;)

1. The interview with MacArthur HS went very well this week!! If nothing else comes of it, it was at least encouraging!!!!
2. I love coffee. we already knew this, but i mean, it is just one of Gods gifts to humans in my opinion. Geez, Louise its good. I actually tried a new coffee this week from a place Lauren told me about, I think its called Texas Roast.... anyways, the boys there had me try this mocha they had. Are you ready for what flavors it had in it???? PREPARE YOURSELF.... it had dark chocolate, a hint of vanilla, and get ready.... chile!! ummmmm, wierd, yet delightfully tasty. although, once i found out it had chile flavoring in it (powder, i am guessing?) i decided my eyes were watering and my tounge was burning, when lets just be honest... I think it was all in my head! ha.
3. I want to give a little SHOUT OUT to my sweet new friend LAUREN WILLIAMS!!!! Not only was she sooooo encouraging to me this week, but she really just listened to me, and prayed over me, and just was really there. Thanks girl, LOVE YOU! (Lauren also tried the coffee, and seemed to like it. I don't think it made her eyes water... he he)
4. I will be posting pictures of the new Puppy, ROCKY, very soon. I am just too lazy to get out the camera cord right now... so look back soon! he is cute, he kind of looks like a raccoon, which may seem wierd, but hes adorable.
5. The Lord is so faithful. I think so often when I get in times of just pure falling on my face, and getting picked back up by the Lord, sometimes i get caught up in what is not happening to me, that i get sidetracked from seeing the Lord's hand and grace in everything he has brought me through as well as the journey that I am on at the moment. Whether I am sad, happy, or just anxious, the Lord is still the Lord. He loves this mess that is me, and He knows my hurt. This is sometimes hard for me to grasp, and I think at times when I am not seeing healing in the way that I would like to see that healing, I often get mad at the Lord. Well, maybe more frustrated, than mad. Then, I try to tell the Lord what I THINK that He should be doing with my life. ha ha... the Lord is good, bc he still loves me just as much when i am seeking him with all I have, or when I am simply ignoring life in general and everything it entails. Bottom line, He is good. I have no clue where the Lord is going to have me 3, 6, or even 12 months from now, but I know he has my best intrest in mind, and that He will be glorified in it. Thank you Jesus for your soverienty!!!
6. I like the show Man vs. Wild. Bear Grylls is hardcore.
7. I think I am starting to want a Cocker Spaniel doggy. Hmmm.... we will see!!
8. The Lord has taught me sooooo much this week, and it was a hard week, but HE is good!! Hallelujah!!

Well, friends and family, I love you. I am going to pay attention to Bear Grylls now bc the T.V. is working!! yah!!!! :)

peace. ;)
ps- excuse the spelling errors. i know i spelt many things wrong, and i don't feel like checking, and yes... i want to be an english teacher, but i just don't care. sorry! love you all. :)

1 comment:

Lauren Williams said...

thanks for the shout out! i actually loved that coffee the more i let it sink in! jer and i love Bear too- he is pretty amazing!!!