Friday, September 7, 2007

Heavy-hearted

Tonight I have a very full mind. I know we all do this.. you get all excited about getting into bed and laying your head on the pillow, only to find out when you crawl into bed you are restless and it is going to be a long night! Today was a great day... I needed a great day, and the Lord gave it to me! But sometimes nights get hard. I start thinking, and then I tend to focus on myself more than Christ and his perfect plan. Some things today were just made very clear to me, which is great, but sometimes this makes things hard. No one ever said things wouldn't be hard from time to time though. One thing I have learned through my situation is that God is so good. He is so good about so many things... he picks you up and holds you near when he knows you need it. He also allows you time to grow.. and sometimes lets you get to the point where your heart is overflowing, and you don't think you can take anymore, and lets you get a little bit past that.. and then comes to your rescue. The Lord is sufficient. I know I have yet to see what that really means, and although this time in my life has been hard, it is yet to be anything like something that is life-threatning. But, I have learned a lot of lessons through it. I have learned what it is to rely on God, and it is a whole different level of trust than I have ever been accustomed to. I am not good at it yet, but the Lord is teaching me everyday. He is slowly... or I am SLOW TO LEARN to take it day by day.

Today I came upon this verse, and I found it really encouraging.

Therefore the Lord wants to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.
Isaiah 30:18

I honestly have no idea what the Lord has planned for my life. I know that HE has a plan though. It is really encouraging to know that he has had a plan for my life even before I was born. I am thankful that there is a plan.... even though I do not know what it is.

I got a new digital camera this past weekend, so I think I am going to play around with it tomorrow... so pictures to come!!! I love you all very much, thank you for listening...

No comments: