Friday, December 21, 2007

Ode to my Parents

My mom and Dad are so very in love, and I love it, and am so thankful for this. Since they have moved to Houston, I have not really gotten the oppurtunity to just come around and stay for awhile, but since the break I have been able to do this. Just to be around them is a joy, but even more than that, it is a lesson. They love each other so much. Not only is it that deep love, the love that has been built on respect and years of being together, but it is the giddy, they really, REALLY love each other kind of love. I mean, they are so cute, they kind of gross me out sometimes even! :) All this to say, I hope I am like that 20 years from now. I really hope, and pray that I am as in love with my husband as they are with each other. They love each other so much, and truely, truely think and know they are it for each other. The way my dad talks about my mom when she is not around, is only uplifting, and reflective upon the fact that he loves her so much. He not only loves her, he respects her as a person, and really loves her individuality. He does not stiffle anything about her, but rather, lets her be silly and fun, and yet, sees her deep side equally as well. My mom loves him just as much. Today, for instance, she spent the whole day working on the yard, so my dad would not have to do it before we left on Saturday. She was so excited for him to see it, and he was very appreciative. Even going out with my dad tonight, he thinks deeply about what gifts to get my mother. I mean, the amount of thought this man puts into presents should not be overlooked, he really wants my momma to be happy.
I know that there is no love that is like Christ's, and I also know that one should never think that a human's love can be a substitution for Christs love (which I think is an important lesson for us all) BUT it is nice to see my parents so in love with one another. It is not only refreshing, but encouraging.
I just had a really good night and past couple of days, and I am just so happy I have parents that are still so much in love. Thankful and Happy, that is what I am tonight.
Merry Christmas to all of you, if I do not post before then. I love you all more than you know!
Ashie

No comments: