Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Confessions of a tired school teacher...

The following are random facts about myself...

Since I have become a teacher I hate talking on the phone. Well, really, once I get on the phone I am fine...but I hate, hate calling people back. It is a little ridiculous and anti-social. I feel as though I need to work on this but after being around people all day, sometimes I just like a minute to myself.

This bring me to another point...since becoming a teacher, I have become less social in my personal life. For instance, I enjoy living alone. I think I get lonely at times, but then again, I am constantly with people, so sometimes it is nice to just come home and not worry about anyone, ya know? Some may find this weird...but there it is. Since I am around kids all day long and they are constantly needing you (which I am not complaining here...that is one of the draws to teaching for me...I love my babies...) sometimes I just like to be a bit of a loner. I have my set friends and at times, it is just nice to hang out with them and I am completely content with that.

I am not good keeping my room clean. It is always dirty at the foot of my bed. Mainly this is due to the fact that I have clothes that I wash and then never put up. I hang up some clothes and then drape others over my chair. It is like a disease. I have a problem with putting up clothes. I don't mind washing, but I hate folding and putting them up in the right place. The catch is I tend to get super stressed when things are messy. Oh, the web I weave for myself...

I am addicted to watches. I have bought 3 sport watches in the past month and a half. I justify this by the fact that I am a coach.

My T.V. does not work in my den due to it not being hooked up correctly. Because of this I have to watch T.V. in my room. I am too lazy to call Uverse, even though I pay money to them every month and I am not getting to tape my shows because it is not hooked up.

This brings me back to the phone thing...I hate when people don't leave messages. If you call me and I don't answer, please leave a message. There is NO chance of me calling you back unless you are one of my best friends or mom if you do not leave a message. I am soooo bad about that.

I buy too many magazines and then never throw them away. I am borderline hoarder due to the fact that I keep them so much. I threw away about 60 of them around December, and I am getting towards that number again. I am always afraid if I throw something away I will need it. Then I watch the show "Hoarders" on A&E, which scares me, and I decide that it is time to throw things away. :)

Where I am not a procrastinator usually, lately I have been. I procrastinate on things I am afraid I will be bad at. It is something I am trying to work on...

I drink about 4 cups of coffee a day. It is ridiculous, but I get caffeine headaches if I do not. And, let's just face it, coffee is amazing.

For the last confession of the day I would like to address my job. As exhausted as I get throughout the week and as many of the confessions above are due to the kind of job that I have, my confession is... I would not change any of this for anything. If you have kept up with my blog you might say I have been in a bit of a funk in the past couple of months. Things have just not been the best, and I have been a tid bit frustrated. Today was a day in which my kids were showing me some of thier writings because we are doing a unit where they write vignettes and tell me about thier lives. Today, I got to read what they think about themselves. It was one of those perfect days with my students. One of those days where I got to talk to them and joke with them, but also they shared so much with me. It was one of those days where I just felt like I was where I was suppossed to be. The Lord is so gracious in what He has allowed me to do. He lets me be apart of these kids lives and share moments with them. It is something I have always wanted to do, and I get to do it. Even on the most frustrating days, when I am hearing "Miss.Kep" for the 40th time, there is always something redeeming in the day. Even more so than that, everyday the Lord shows me something about grace and His love. It is soo cool how he does that. He woos me in the work that I do. We have such a gracious and loving God. I just can't help but be thankful for where he has me and joyous in how wonderful days are like today.

That is all for now. Thanks for listening. Love you guys!! HAPPY HUMP DAY! :)

1 comment:

Ally said...

Hey girl.
This is my first year to teach and I am so relieved that I am not alone. It is the most rewarding, yet most stressful and exhausting job. I know that you are amazing at what you do, so keep your chin up! Hope all is well. :)