Tuesday, July 22, 2008

some updates :)

1.  first of all.... i was going to post some of my favorite upcoming fall favorites, but somehow it did not work!  booo!  and i do not know how to delete that last post which i accidently posted, so sorry about that for all you onlookers!! :)
2.  i am currently in the process of going through ECAP, my alternative certification program, and i am enjoying it for the most part! ;)  i have made some new friends, so that has been a lot of fun, and one of my favorites from college is in my classes, Lauren, which has been a total blessing and a half!! 
3.  Penelope.  oh, how i love my sweet little pup, but my goodness she was a little cantankerous this weekend to say the least!  can i just tell you she decided it would be good to find my computer cord that goes from my blackberry to my mac and chew it up.  ohhhhh penelope.  then she found one of my sweaters!  Evidently the girl does not know YOU DONT MESS WITH MY CLOTHES.  she went to jail for a few hours... aka her kennel.  (before you report me to PETA, let me just say, she was fine.  it was simply because i was a bit frustrated and i did not want her chewing up some more important items!)  Nevertheless, i love her so.  she is the sweetest thing most of the time and keeps me company in my apartment.
4.  I will be starting work at Arlington High School in two weeks!  TWO WEEKS!  I am getting pretty nervous if we are being honest... but I know that everything will be okay. I am excited about working with the girls, and getting to teach Sophomore level English!  I do, however, have to float this year!  AKA, have to share a classroom with 3 other people.  That is what makes me the most nervous.... i can be organized in a contained space but to have to travel to 3 different spots?  I have to have a cart....the kids will call me cart lady.... haha, oh goodness.  The Lord is trying to teach me patience and constantly checking me about grumbling lately, so may i just state for the record this is not me complaining but merely voicing my concerns.  he he :)  (The Lord is still working on the grumbling!)
5.  About the Lord, HE IS SO GOOD!  How sweet is the Lord.  Man, the Lord has been showing me a lot through his Truth, and I am so thankful for that.  Not that every day has been rosy by any means, but I feel so undeserving to have such an amazing God who chooses to share his Truth with me and allow my heart to feel his presence and for things to connect the way they have been.  He is healing so many parts of my heart and breaking so many other parts to get me to see the junk that is blocking me from realizing and applying his truth!  Now a week ago i might not have seen this as amazing, but the Lord has done a lot in a week!  Praise Jesus for his sweet grace!  
6.  My sweet little cheerleading girls get to be on TV tomorrow!  Woo!  They will be on the show "Nashville Star"! One of the final contestants went to Arlington High School so she is filming a concert there!  The girls are so cute and excited!  So pray for me tomorrow... i am sure many of them will be wanting to show out a little and I will be watching over all our little angels- Freshman, JV and VARSITY!  ha.... I'm sure it will be great, and I know they are excited!  It is an amazing experience for all of them!  


Well that is all I have for today!  Just felt like bloggin ;)  Hope you like my new little playlist on here!  Wooo!  

No comments: