Saturday, June 16, 2007

God is good.

Here lately, the Lord has really been growing me and stretching me in soo many different ways. At times, it is just so frustrating. I know that there will be attacks when you living for the Lord, but when this happens it gets really hard. Today was one of those days. First of all, can I just say that I am so thankful for the church that the Lord has brought us to. I go to The Village in Flower Mound, Texas, and I am so thankful to have a pastor, Matt Chandler, who speaks truth when he preaches. Tonight, we went to church, and it was so powerful. First of all, the 'praise and worship' part of it was amazing... and then Matt's message was equally as powerful. Here lately, I have really been struggling with having FAITH that everything will work out in the way that is suppossed to work out. I have a problem with wanting to control everything. Some would say I am a planner :) And the Lord has constantly been bombarding me with verses that combat the exact thing that I am worrying over. I worry over things that are so dumb like.. if I have everything planned for the wedding, school, am I calling everyone enough and letting them know I love them (that is not dumb).... but in the end, everything will work out. (And I need to trust in this fact!) But here is the thing I have realized. I am constantly worried that I am letting down the Lord! I am still investigating this fact, but I do not know (after talking with many different people) that you cannot let down the Lord. HE knows what we are going to do, before we do it. But again, that is just something I worry about constantly. So then, the past four days the Lord has hit me hard over the head with verses that show me he is soverign, and in control! For instance, Luke 22:32, or Genesis 41:52, Psalm 62. Just so many passages about trusting him, and how you have to have faith in what you pray. I have never really thought about this fact. Call me crazy, but honestly, I just haven't. If I do not believe that the Lord is going to do something in my life, how am I going to give it over to him? So I have been majorly seeing the Lord saying, Trust me my little ashie, I will take care of it. Cast your cares on me. I am so thankful for Brice. When I am feeling like this, he always has a verse to pick me up. God has grown him so much.. it is so fun to watch. Anyways, today I was fretting about something, and he called me and he just shared Psalm 87, this is how I have felt lately. But how good is God, that he gave Brice those verses to share with me. And how thankful I am for him, and for my Mimi to talk about such things with!! God is good, and he is has a plan! It is as simple as that, and if I would just dwell on that, and focus on living for him, than I would have a lot less stress, that would be for sure!

No comments: