Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hard day equals exhaustion.


Disclaimer- I evidently do not know how to post pictures under captions!  Sorry!









there are so many things that I could probably blog about, but alas, i shall only share a few thoughts because I feel as though I am a bit of a broken record.  

Numero uno- I really think that teachers have a summer break because it is SO needed.  by this point in the year you are a bit exhausted and even though I love my kids very much, I think a reprieve from them will probably be good.  I have been so emotional lately with them.  Well when it comes to them anyways, even though today I did actually get a bit emotional.  I have my kids writing memoirs, or vignettes, and each kid is getting to use their own style of writing and tell me about almost anything that they would like.  So, although they are not due yet, the kids have been bringing up their writings for me to look over and see if they are okay.  Today one of my kids brought up a piece about her dad and him leaving.  I tried to hold it together while I was reading it, but all of sudden tears just started falling.  Then I looked up at her, and I told her I loved her and I was proud of her and I was sorry, and she started crying.  I just had to hug her.  These kids, man, they have some stories that just break my heart.  Although I LOVE LOVE LOVE what I do, and would never trade it, I think the break coming up will be a good time for me to just recoop mind-wise, ya know?  Maybe that is selfish, but, alas, there it is.  Please be praying for me if you think about it in the next couple of days, because I have a feeling in reading these memoirs they are going to tug at the heart a bit.

Numero Dos- ummmm, everyone is getting married.  I mean seriously, all of my friends, pretty much, are engaged or close to or ya know, married and are having kids.  :)  I am so happy for them, but it leaves a single girl wondering...what is life like after all your friends get married and you are still the single girl?  I know, silly question probably, you are probably thinking, oh ash, just be patient.  And let's face it, I have always had a bit of a problem with the whole "patience" thing (as I typed those quotation marks I just got a mental picture of joey putting quotation marks around everything in one of the friends episodes..haha..okay, i digress) so that is warranted.  However, as much I want to be married someday, I do not know if that is really what I am longing for right now.  I mean...maybe it is, but I think I just miss companionship.  With the job I have and everything, sometimes I think it would be good to come home and know that I have someone to talk to.  I mean... I have penelope..haha, but she does not really talk back, so.  ;) All that to say, this is just another very different stage I am entering yet again.  I never thought I would be the one that was still single...or maybe I was just hoping that would not be me.  hehe.  Nevertheless, I do think that being single has done nothing but grow me.  And trust me, I still have room to grow, and I am only 23, so no rushing.  

Numero tres- IT is my BFF's birthday week this week, SOOOO in Honor of her, I will post some AMAZING pictures of the two of us...and the sandwich.  I love her SOO very much and I am so blessed she is in my life!! 

Numero quatro- Skittle got in a wreck :(  I will let the pictures do the talking...it was raining really bad the other day, you know, during the monsoon, and thus lights were out in an intersection and me and another car ran into each other.  Poor Skittle. :(

That is all.  Love you all.  Thanks for listening!  

2 comments:

elise said...

yay! thank you thank you for your blog tribute to me. i am honored :) you are aaamazing.

Lauren Williams said...

i love reading your bogs :) i can just hear you talking! I am so proud of you loving those kids. you are really gifted because that is NOT EASY!!! Finish strong and enjoy your break!!!! So sorry to hear about Skittle. No fun :(