Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 3- Who Inspires Beauty?

This might be a strange post. The question that has been posed is- who inspires beauty? I think this is a great question with many possible answers. I thought about talking about all the great women in my life- my Mimi, my Mom, people like my old youth minister's wife Amy Dean. All of these people have inspired so much within me and have helped mold and shape me into who I am today. I have chosen 4 people. The first three people I have chosen are my three best friends- Nicole, Elise and Robin. These three women have closely walked with me in my life and inspire great beauty. Each one of them are different, but lovely all the same. They all love the Lord with all of their heart, mind and soul. All three are now married and each honor God in their marriages. They are all Godly women, whom I have had a GREAT joy in walking with. These women hold me accountable, love me, have cried with me, and are SOOO funny! They are some of the most wonderful women I know with such great passion for our God and King.

Nicole has been one of my best friends since the 7th grade. This girl has so much joy in her heart and is one of the kindest people I have ever known. We became close after both not being invited to a sleepover our 7th grade year. Ever since that sad night, we have been the best of friends. Her encouragement and love for the Lord, and sweet spirit inspire beauty. She is one of the most lovely people I know and she is a Godly woman that most definitely shines from the inside out (even though you can see she is SO beautiful on the outside)!!!!

Elise has been one of my best friends since my senior year in college. She is one of those people that I instantly bonded with and the Lord has only grown our relationship stronger since that day! Lise is one of those friends that I will be friends with until the day I die. She is one of the most amazing women that I know. She encourages people daily and is one of the most selfless people I know. She loves her husband so much and has impressed me with how wonderful she is at being a wife. She may not think that, but I have to say, her example of her relationship with her husband and how she prays for him and really desires to be a Godly wife is inspiring. The thing about Lise is she values her relationship with the Lord above all. She encourages others in this as well without condemnation. I find this rare. She is true gem and one of my favorite people, and I am blessed to call her my best friend.
Robin is another one of my sweet besties. I think sweet is synonymous with Rob. I love her so much. She has also been one of my best friends since my Senior year in college. She has lived near me the past two years, and has been my lifeline. She is moving to Iowa soon.... which to be honest with you, makes my heart extremely sad. You see, the thing about Rob is everything about her inspires beauty. She loves the Lord with all her heart, is extremely smart and lovely and witty and just an incredible friend. She would be there for you even if it was the most inconvenient thing for her. I have been so blessed by her friendship. She has listened to me during some of my hardest times and has stuck by me and made me feel better. She is realistic yet kind and caring. I love her so very much. She is also pregnant. As if it was at all possible, pregnancy has made her even cuter and more beautiful. She has got that glow if you will. :) She is another friend I cannot see ever not being friends with.
These three women are some of the most wonderful people I know. It is a pleasure to know them, to grow with them, and to be their best friends.

The last set of people (which may seem like the weird part of my post) I would like to shine the light on would be my students. I will not be posting a picture of all of them, but I just have to say they inspire beauty. They inspire that deep hearted beauty within me. I see all of their personalities and sweet spirits, or even their rough-around-the edges just need Jesus selves and I am inspired to live and be better. They inspire beauty because I see them and want to be better. I want to be a leader. I desire to be a good role-model and show them the love of Jesus. So, my babies, as I call them, inspire true beauty.


Love you all.
Ash:)

No comments: