Monday, April 21, 2008

Closure

Closure is a word that I have started to become very acquainted with in the past few weeks. Closure is a good thing, and I know this, and I know head-wise/knowledge wise it is the right thing...telling my heart the same thing is a different story however. I think, or rather, I know that I have a hard time letting things go. I really do...those closest to me know this fact and love me through it.... however, its time to let go. Way past time probably.

This afternoon I decided to take a sabbatical if you will, and I drove home. (Parents house- Houston) I need a little daddy and mom time. My dad has this amazing knack to just tell me exactly what I need to hear, not necessarily what I want to hear, and just everything always seems to click when we talk. They know me, and shoot me straight. My plan during the day tomorrow is sleep in, read, journal and pray. I love coming here to get away. It is so pretty in their neighborhood, my parents have a puppy (hehe, love him!), and just how much one-on-two time I get with my parentals. :)

New Things, Happenings, Nice Little Anecdotes....

1. Today I accepted a full-time sub position at MHS. I will teaching History, I know not what I'm certified in... but either way, good classroom management practice :)
2. Still praying about and applying to LOTS of schools for an English Position for the upcoming year. Please keep praying that one comes along... The Lord is good! Something will come up, I just don't know when... that is where my patience is being tested. I suck at being patient.
3. I went through my Inventory with my sponsor and love, Lauren, and it was a hard process, but I feel like sooo much is being revealed about me and just areas of sin in my life that need to be turned around. Our God is sooo gracious.
4. American Idol is one of my new favorite shows.... LOVE IT! I giggle every time little David
Archelta comes on... i want to put him in my pocket.
5. Even though I have graduated I think I am in a little bit of denial about all the rest of my friends graduating. I'm scared all my friends are going to move away, which might actually happen. Working on that as well....
6. One of my friends asked me what my summer plans were today, and that was when I realized.... I have no summer plans. A little scary and makes me want to get out my planner....eek.
7. The Lord is good, I am so thankful that the Lord is gracious enough to be refining me.

And now... a story to leave you. This was a story my mom told me today when I got home...

Mom: Ashie, guess what mommy did.
Ash: What, mom?
Mom: So me and daddy were at a BBQ cookoff, and there were people walking around asking us to try Wild Game. Of course, daddy was trying everything, so I thought I would too. First they asked if I wanted to try dove. So I tried it. Then they came around and offered me whale. I was like no.... I don't want any whale, thank you. Then your daddy said, "Baby, try it, I bet you will like it." So, I did. Of course, all I could think about was the fact that I was eating Whale so I put it down after I took a bite.
Ash: Mom, Whale? (I am notorious for ruining stories before they get through...)
Mom: Let me finish Ashie, when we got in the car I said to daddy, "Bobby, aren't you proud of me... I have had an eventful day. I tried dove AND whale!"
Dad: Sheri, Whale? It wasn't Whale, IT WAS QUAIL!!
Ash: oh, mom.....

bahahahaha. So if you ever wonder why I may be a little ditsy... exhibit A, Sheri Keplinger.

2 comments:

Lauren Williams said...

yea for getting the inventory almost done!! and YEA for american idol!! I LOVE IT!! i also would like a mini david a to put in my pocket :)

Virg said...

Hi Ashie,
When I read the part about you mom I was laughing out loud. I miss her so much! Love you :)