Monday, March 17, 2008

I think I owe y'all an update!!

Hello everyone!! :) Or should I say good evening... I am currently on my spring break (the kids in mansfield have spring break this week, which means so dooo iiiii babbbaayyy!! ) so I can stay up as late as I want!! WOOO HOOOO!!

Anyways, I thought I would just write a quick update of all that is going on my life for all 5 of you that look at this ;)

1. I am growing my hair out. yes, i know, this may not be worthy of being my number 1 update, but nobody seems to think that I will stick to growing out my hair. (prob because i always cut it... but i miss it long soooooo, I AM GROWING IT OUT!!) hopefully by summer i can at least get it all in a pony tail without all the hairs falling out of the hairtie :)
2. The Lord is doing A LOT right now. When I mean A LOT, i mean like tearing down walls I did not know I had, and showing me things I did not know that I needed to work on. It has been good, but hard. Bittersweet would be a good word perhaps? I am learning how much of a hypocrite I am in so many areas, and how I try to CONTROL everything. It is scary how much i want to be in control of everything. I even do it in suttle ways, or maybe I just believe they are suttle, but its even in just constantly making sure everyone is okay. I don't want anyone to ever be sad, upset, anything... I want to take care of everyone. In in my head, I guess I seem to think that if I don't take care of them, they will not be okay.... which, my friends, is not true!! The Lord has got them... not me. Hard lesson... the Lord is just teaching me so much. So if you could just be prayer for things he is revealing to me... and that I will stay in the word and absorb, think and pray over these things, instead of running away from it?? I have found it is a lot easier just to try to keep myself busy with other things, because when I actually get in The Word, the Lord hits me right between the eyes with a lot of things. Which... don't get me wrong, I am thankful for, but it is easy with my "want to make everything okay" tendency to just brush it under the rug, and pretend it is not there. So, again, Prayer!?!?!
3. I had strepp throat most of last week, and I now am much better!! It figures as soon as I don't have insurance, I start getting sick!! I am thankful for the fact that I was able to go to the doctor and get some meds!! Thank you JESUS!!
4. I don't know if all of you know this, but I am going through this Bible Study at my church (The Village) and I am sooo thankful for not only the study, but the people that are in my life through this ministry. The ministry that it is through at the church is called Recovery at the Village. What we do is go through a "Step Study" that is pretty much a biblical approach to the twelve steps that most people go through, say in AA. But this step study is for ANYONE. for sin issues all the way from fear to pride to overeating/eating disorders. This is what has been able to pinpoint sooo many of my sin issues. The Lord is competly working through this study!! :)
5. I have not recieved my results from my teXes exam, so I am just TRYING to be patient in thier arrival. I am nervous... I do not want to have failed. YEs, you can always retake it... but I would like to have passed. So... I will let you know when I get those in ;)
6. Job Fairs and Interviews are coming up for different High Schools!! I will also keep you all updated on this as well!!

Well, friends, I love you all very much, but I am a sleepy girl! I will post more in depth, and interesting things soon!! Please, if you think about it, pray for me this week. The Lord is really working, so just pray I am responsive to what He is trying to get through to me! LOVE YOU ALL!! :)

No comments: