Saturday, October 31, 2009

Update for Ashie

It is morning's like this that I LOVE and miss, but am ever so thankful for when I do actually have them.  I am just sitting on my couch, TV on in the background and sipping on coffee, which I might add is simply perfection.  (My new thing is I put a little nutmeg in my coffee and it adds a bit of Christmas Joy!).

I miss having mornings, or weekends like this.  They seem to be few and far between here lately, but I guess it just makes me even more thankful when I do have them.  I know I have been a little absent from the blogging world here lately, but the things that I have wanted to blog about I felt were either a little too personal, or had a lack of interesting quality, so thus, I have not written.   So here are a few things to catch you up on-
1.  School-  It is great.  I have new kiddos, a new year- new kids, and it has been different.  I got super attached to my kiddos last year, but I have started to become just as attached and love these kids just as much.  It has been fun having more kids that I know at the school because I get to give my old kids hugs and encouragement, and continuing building relationships with them, while building new ones with the new kiddos :)  I have about 32 in all of my classes.  Needless to say this is a little overwhelming at times.  One class I have so many personalities I barely know what to do with them...but the Lord shows me patience, so I try to show them that same thing.  There is not a lack of problems that these kids have to deal with, and I am thankful for the Lord has allowed me a chance to talk with them and try to show them love daily.  I am also thankful for a Principal that really believes in our kids at school.  It is encouraging and helps you keep going when you get down.
2.  Cheerleading- I love my girls...but I am getting a little worn out.  I have recently taken over Varisty (just for about two weeks) due to one of my Sweet Friends, Haley (the Varsity coach) getting married!  That has been interesting, and boy do I have some stories!  As soon as I fill little Miss. Haley in on what happened I may blog about some of the stories...some of the ones that are funny now that I am about of them.  ha.  Cheerleading is a whole other world, and I have a whole new respect for Haley being the Varsity Coach.  I love those girls A LOT...but drama seems to ensue anytime cheerleading is involved.
3.  The rest of life is good...I have started going to the Dallas Campus of the Village and I LOVE IT!! IT is great...if you are checking out churches we would love to have you!  IT is great and I am just so thankful for my church family!

That is all for the moment...I will blog when I have more to say.  Love you all.

Ashie :)

1 comment:

jordanandrachel said...

I know what you mean with too many personalities in one room! I'm sure you do a great job! What a great opportunity to get to work with the cheerleaders...I hope to get to do that one day!
Which school are you at again?