Wednesday, August 12, 2009

the testing of your faith develops perseverance..

you know there are a lot of things that test our faith.  things that you are not expecting, and when they come into your life you are pleasantly surprised.  you may also realize that this is part of progressive sanctification.  i am at a place right now where I am not quite sure what the Lord is doing, but I am seeing his hand in much.  he is so gracious to comfort but yet also allows that bit of discomfort to sink in when needed.  i think he puts us in places where we aren't comfortable to grow and mold and shape us.  these places are not always our favorite places, but through these places we become who he is making us to be.  when we are being stretched and molded in the daily events of life we are being shaped to be more like him.  

one thing that has seemed to have left me this summer is articulation.  At times this summer, when I feel like it is most crucial to articulate my point of view, but I can't make people understand what I am saying.  my heart knows what I am trying to say, but my mouth cannot put it into words.  as you can tell by reading this blog.  i need more of him, but i am also finding out that I don't know exactly what it is that I NEED.  I am nothing without Him though.  And as you become closer to Him I think that it causes you to make some big decisions that are sometimes hard and sometimes misunderstood.  I long for understanding, but that is not something that I can always find.  

1 comment:

elise said...

praying always for you, love!